Motivation is the key to getting stuff done through team work.
A motivated team builds upon the strengths of the group and thrives. Whereas a demotivated team struggles to achieve anything.
As a leader, it is your responsibility to motivate the team.
As Napoleon states, ‘the leader is a dealer in hope’ and hope is one of the most motivating factors in life.
Here are 5 tips to help you motivate your team.
1. Set clear achievable goals – Your people need to know what a good job looks like so that they can then do the things they need to do to achieve it. they also need to be abel to measure their progress. there is little more demotivating when you are hill walking as to reach a false peak and realise there are still several miles to go!
2. Support your team with mentoring coaching and resources – Your team will need the tools and materials to get the job done.
3. Give praise often – A child learns to walk one step at a time and is praised for every step. As you rarely see adults crawling to work, this approach seems to work!
4. Listen to the team – they are closer to the task and the problems so they are your eyes and ears, your spies in the project.
5. Use incentives and deliver them – praise often, pay up on promises and celebrate successes and you will build a culture that enjoys achieving!
Look for more, as motivation is a very personal thing and this means you will need to know your team.
Dare to Aspire