Business coaching can be one of the most effective ways that you can accelerate you performance.
Here are seven reasons that a business coach can help you help you increase your performance and build you business.
- Accountability – when you commit to a task or activity but only have yourself to hold you accountable, it is all too easy to give yourself a break and then not complete the task or follow through on the commitment. A coach is a very effective person to hold you to account. If you tell them you are going to do something, and then don’t complete that task, a coach is going to be very interested in why there is a performance shortfall and then use a number of strategies to ensure that you are well motivated in the future and have the capabilities to meet your commitments.
- Motivation – As well as holding you accountable, a coach should also inspire you to push yourself forward and help you reach your full potential. There will be times when you struggle to maintain momentum but a coach will often help you draw out the best parts of yourself and help you take yourself beyond where you thought you could go.
- Information – If you are struggling to make a significant move forward because of a lack of knowledge or even a idea of where to gain that knowledge. A business coach will very likely have experience of that particular area or have familiarity with the domain that you are struggling. This means that your coach can help you shortcut the research process and stop you making the mistakes that you might make when unfamiliar in this area.
- Guidance – Often a coach has been on a similar path to yourself and so has already covered some if not all of the territory you want to cover and so they can help you find your way along the path to your success.
- Challenge – It is human nature to not quite believe that we are capable of something and hold ourselves short to protect ourselves from any potential feeling of failure. A coach will ensure you set targets which are beyond what you think you can do as it is only when we reach beyond what we believe we are capable of that we really learn how to grow.
- Outside perspective – If you’ve ever written an article and then posted it, only to have your typo’s pointed out, then you know how useful an outside perspective can be. Being too close to a project, idea or problem can often blind you to the obvious. A coach will certainly be able to give you that perspective and may actually play “devil’s advocate” to force you to really justify your own position so that you gain confidence.
- Reward – When you reach or surpass a level, it is often too easy to feel a little deflated and almost as though you haven’t changed or achieved. A coach will help you gain perspective on what you have achieved and help you appreciate not only the achievement itself, but what you have become in order be have achieved that level of performance.
Many people are happy with their current level of achievement, only because they don’t know that a coach can significantly increase their performance and accelerate their journey towards business and personal success.
The difference between 1st and 2nd place is often small, but the difference in rewards massive.
Isn’t the potential reward worth being better than your competition?
How will you accelerate your performance?
Change the World